Saturday, June 29, 2013

We Are Now Officially New Mexicans!




Our Custom Made O'Farrell Hats Arrived!


Over the last 4 years here in the good Ol' New Mexico we've made several trips to Santa Fe. One of the shops we always made sure to go into was O'Farrell's Custom Hats. The gentleman who runs the shop didn't think that we were really that interested in buying one of his hats at first. Then during one visit he finally came up to me and asked "how many times have you been in here to try on that hat?" I looked at him and said, "I think this is the 7th." He replied with, "OK. I think it's about time we measure your head for one of your own." And that was that. I was sold. I had to have one! 

I never thought that I would ever invest in a custom made pure beaver cowboy hat. In fact, when we first moved here someone told us that the Southwest would eventually rub off on us and if we ever did leave we'd leave wearing boots and a hat. I was like "No way!" but here I am with boots and a hat and I love it! 

Now, all I need is to be riding on Wallace the Mule and I'll be set! Scott, the O'Farrell hat man, laughed at me when I told him about Wallace but he didn't doubt me when I told him to keep an eye out for a picture in the mail of me wearing his hat riding on a mule named Wallace some day!



We took the opportunity to wear our new hats today at the Single Action Shooters Society End Of Trail Wild West JubileeMy favorite event was the Mounted Shooting. 

It was fun to experience one last Wild West outing before we head off to the good Ol' Northwest. Even though we may be Oregonians at heart we will now always have a little Southwest in our blood!

2 comments:

  1. Beaver?! How will the Beaver State view you now that you're wearing one of their precious beavers on your head?! :-P Just teasing...your Southwestern flair looks good. I like the ensemble. (This is Danielle by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these New Mexicans!!! May God continue to bless you on your journey...you will be greatly missed...we are so thankful for the many blessings for having our paths cross...until next time our dear friends...♥♥♥♥ Jose, Tina & Israel

    ReplyDelete